- What is first aid?
- the initial care of the ill or injured.
- The aims of first aid
- First aid aims to :
- promote a safe environment
- preserve life
- prevent injury or illness from becoming
- help promote recovery
- protect the unconscious
- reassure the ill or injured.
- The first aider
aims to prevent :
- further danger to himself, others or the
- the casualty dying
- the casualty's condition becoming worse
- delay in the casualty's recovery
- any harmful intervention.
- What is medical
- treatment by a doctor, registered nurse
or ambulance officer.
- First aid begin when the first aider
arrives at the scene of an incident, and
continues until the casualty recovers, or medical
aid arrives. The first aider may be required to
remain and assist.
- How to seek medical
- If possible, send someone elso to seek
medical aid immediately. Do not leave the
casualty. However, if you are alone at the scene
of an incident, and ir is unlikely that anyone
will arrive for sometime, you will need to leave
the casualty and seek help as soon as possible.
- Message should be brief. You should
confirm that they are understood. State your
telephone number, the exact place with
directions, the time and nature of the incident.
Give the number of casualties with an indecation
of their condition. Ask the likely time to
arrival of aid.
[Introduction] [What a first
aider uses?] [DRABC] [Shock] [Bleeding]
[ Home ]
- Copyright ©
1997-99 Red Crescent Society
Of St Andrew Secondary School Muar,Johor, Malaysia. All rights reserved.