A combination of these factors may result in more severe shock.
Immediately after injury , these may be little evidence of shock.The symptoms ad signs will develops progressively, depending on :
Initial symptoms and signs are :
Symptoms and signs of severe shock are :
- DRABC and control severe bleeding
- reassure the casualty
- seek medical aid urgently
- unless fractured , raise the casualty's legs above the level of the heart
- dress any wounds or burns
- immobilize any fractures
- loosen any tight clothing
- keep the casualty comfortable by maintaning body warmth but do not heat
- if the casualty complains of thrist , moisten lips , but do not give anything to eat or drink
- monitor and record breathing and pulse at regular intervals.Maintain a clear and open airway.
- place casualty in a stable side position if there is breathing difficulty , if vomiting is likely , or if the casualty becomes unconscious.
[Introduction] [What a first aider uses?] [DRABC] [Shock] [Bleeding] [Burns] [Limb injuries] [Fractures]
[ Home ]